Art - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is seeking a Senior Animator to join our Oslo studio, working on a new open-world multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment.
This is a position where the right candidate will have the chance to ensure our high-quality bar is realized.
Your expertise in the creation of animation will cover a broad range of key areas, including motion capture and keyframe animation for humanoids, creatures, vehicles and weapons. You will be required to be a strong team player, working with other animators and designers to bring characters and creatures to life.
In this position, you will:
- Creating high quality animations for Funcom's projects
- Closely work with other animators and designers finding ways to define/design combat systems and how animations interact with them
- Team driven, ability to take feedback from peers and mentors as well as providing the same feedback to others
- Solves complex problems in resourceful and effective ways
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years of Animation experience in the video game development industry
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya and Motionbuilder essential
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 & motion capture animation pipelines
- Experience with animation state machines and blend systems
- The ability to take direction from the Art Director/Lead and to deliver consistently on time
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.