Art - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Senior Animator to join its development team in Oslo, Norway.
As a Senior Animator you will be working closely with the other animators and designers to create a diverse variety of animations needed to bring characters and creatures to life. Your expertise in the creation of animation will cover a broad range of key areas, including facial, motion capture and keyframe animation. You will need to be flexible and eager to both learn and teach others.
The first project for this position will be on a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment, that is currently in pre-production.
- Creating high quality animations for Funcom's open-world projects.
- Analyze, improve and design for the animation & model pipelines.
- Closely work with animators and designers finding ways to define/design combat systems and how animations interact with them.
- Work as a uniform team with effects artists, character artists, art director and programmers.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 6+ years of Animation; preferable within the video game development industry.
- Proven expertise with 3DS Max/Maya and Motionbuilder.
- Experience with animation state machines and blend systems.
- Team driven, able to take feedback from peers & mentor others.
- Able to adapt to new technologies and technical challenges.
- The ability to take direction from the art director and to deliver consistently on time.
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience rigging and skinning characters, or other technical setups.
- Knowledge of Unreal 4 & motion capture animation.
- Experience with playing FPS, Co-Op or other online games.
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values.
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English.
- To have a passion for games and your profession.
- To relocate to Oslo.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours, Personal Trainers, etc.
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- A studio with employees from more than 25 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English-speaking population