Sr. Concept Artist
Art - Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
The Sr. Concept Artist at Funcom, Inc. will be based in Raleigh, NC and will work closely with the Art Director, Producer and Lead Artist on the visual development of a new Unreal 4 Engine, UE4 Co-Op Shooter game/project. This is NOT a remote or contracted opportunity. The Sr. Concept Artist will to provide the team with creative illustrations as well as production artwork, including; character designs, environment and object exploration, paint overs, storyboards, color and lighting compositions.
- Work with the Art Director, Producer and Lead Artist to develop concept artwork that defines the overall look and art style for the game.
- Assist with the creation of the style guide for the visual direction and language to be used throughout the project.
- Create concept designs and art direction materials for each project.
- Work within different stylistic boundaries set by the Producer and Lead Artist.
- Design a wide range of original concepts and subject matter, including; characters, vehicles, monsters, interior and exterior environments, weapons, objects.
- Create Lighting, composition and mood, color studies, as well as storyboards.
- Create promotional and marketing art.
- Collaborate with other team members in order to develop the visual direction for game.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the game industry as a concept artist.
- Strong traditional art background, including color theory, composition, and lighting.
- Expert in Photoshop or Painter.
- Experience in a game studio working on high-quality titles with a realistic aesthetic.
- Must have excellent 2D Art skills and traditional technical knowledge.
- Strong Online Portfolio.
- Six or more years of professional concept production.
- Video game concept and key art production knowledge.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).