Art - Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile VFX Artist to join its development team in Raleigh, NC working on a new Unreal 4 Engine, online shooter game based within the Mutant Chronicles Universe.
The VFX Artist at Funcom, Inc. will have experience with FX creating and editing and will have both a strong creative and technical background. This VFX Artist with be able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving, and will be able to partner with multiple disciplines to meet project specific needs.
- Work closely together with the artists and designers to create, implement and polish FX for environments and characters.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the games mechanics so the FX are cohesive with the world.
- Develop in engine/game FXs within Unreal.
- Understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 1+ Years of Game Development VFX Artist Experience.
- Portfolio showcasing recent game VFX work.
- Able to create a wide range of VFX; Photoshop XP preferred.
- Experienced with the Unreal 4 particle pipeline.
- Creatively solve issues while maintain performance.
- To take direction from the animation director and art director, and to deliver consistently on time.
- Games industry experience with at least one AAA game credit.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprints.
- Knowledgeable with Unreal Shaders.
- Experience with 3dsMax, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Experience with scripting.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).