Senior PvP Designer
Design - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
The Senior PvP Designer at Funcom will work with the lead designer to define the PvP experience and the underlying systems and game mechanics that support this experience. Your role is to create a successful game with an engaging, balanced PvP experience.
The first project for our Senior PvP Designer will be on an open-world multiplayer game which uses the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment.
- Translate a feature design into a fleshed-out system design with clear iterations
- Oversee implementation of new PvP systems that are balanced and fun and which will help reduce the player churn
- Collaborate with other designers who are working on PvE content and advice them on how to ensure their content also works well in a PvP context
- Collaborate with the programmers, environment artists and other designers to build engaging, challenging and balanced play spaces
- Translate team’s playtest feedback into physical improvements
- Ability to easily work well within a large design team and has the ability to bring people together
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- 5+ years of content design experience
- Extensive experience playing open world survival games and taking part in PvP
- Previous experience shipping at least 1 multi-platform title as designer
- Strong sense of level design, scale, pacing, and gameplay flow
- General understanding of game engines, technology and the game development process
- Experience with Gameplay Scripting
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine and/or 3D art creation applications.
- Experience developing multiplayer games.
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates.
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours, Personal Trainers, etc.
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- A studio with employees from more than 25 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English-speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.