Art - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
We have been around for 26 years, we have been in the early days of MMOs. We are the team behind Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Now, our Scandinavian studio is working on several projects at the same time, both external (e.g. Mutant Year Zero) and internal (e.g. a new game with the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment).
Due to the increasing number of projects, our Dev teams need a VFX Artist to work on existing and future in-house projects. This is a position where the right candidate will have the opportunity to actively participate in technical and artistic problem solving, and to partner with multiple disciplines to meet project specific needs.
As a VFX Artist at Funcom, you will work closely together with the artists and designers to create, implement and polish FX for environments and characters, maintain a deep understanding of the games mechanics so the FX are cohesive with the world, and develop in engine/game FXs within Unreal. Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 3+ years VFX production experience. Ideal candidate has shipped one or more titles in a similar role.
- Portfolio showcasing recent game VFX work.
- Expert knowledge of real-time particle systems and animated effects within Unreal Engine.
- Ability to creatively solve issues whilst maintaining performance targets.
- Strong communication skills and drive to deliver consistently on time.
- Proficiency in Houdini, or 3dsMax / Maya.
- Experience working with Volumetric and Liquid simulations.
- Knowledge of the principles of Lighting, Colour, Animation and timing.
- Experience with Unreal shaders and PBR techniques.
- Basic knowledge of C++ or Python scripting a plus.
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.