Art - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile VFX Artist to join its development team in Oslo, Norway working on an Unreal 4, open world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment.
The VFX Artist at Funcom must have experience creating cutting edge, in-game visual effects and have both a strong creative and technical background. They must be able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving, and will be able to partner with multiple disciplines to meet project specific needs.
- Work closely together with the artists and designers to create, implement and polish FX for environments and characters.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the games mechanics so the FX are cohesive with the world.
- Develop in engine/game FXs within Unreal.
- Understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 3+ years VFX production experience. Ideal candidate has shipped one or more titles in a similar role.
- Portfolio showcasing recent game VFX work.
- Expert knowledge of real-time particle systems and animated effects within Unreal Engine.
- Ability to creatively solve issues whilst maintaining performance targets.
- Strong communication skills and drive to deliver consistently on time.
- Proficiency in Houdini, or 3dsMax / Maya.
- Experience working with Volumetric and Liquid simulations.
- Knowledge of the principles of Lighting, Colour, Animation and timing.
- Experience with Unreal shaders and PBR techniques.
- Basic knowledge of C++ or Python scripting a plus.
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours, Personal Trainers, etc.
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- A studio with employees from more than 25 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English-speaking population
Please apply in English.