Art - Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Environment/Lighting Artist to join its development team in Raleigh, NC working on a new Unreal 4 Engine, cooperative online shooter game, with a premium business model, using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
The Environment/Lighting Artist at Funcom, Inc. will report directly to the Art Director and Producer and is an integral part of the art team tasked with the creation of in-engine lighting and the designing and implementing a wide range of in-game art assets for use in our newest title.
- Creating and building 3D environments & lighting using in house tools and the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Creating props & assets for use in cinematics and gameplay.
- High poly to Low poly process.
- Work with other Environment Artists, and take direction from Team Leads in developing lighting schemes to convey visual mood from existing color keys and concept art.
- Collaborate with Level Designers to establish lighting that will support and enhance the project’s gameplay and the style/mood.
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements.
- Optimize lighting to balance system performance while matching the artistic vision.
- Documenting, researching, and training while improving the art pipeline. Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 4+ years of Environment Art Design, 3D Art or Lighting; preferable within the video game development industry.
- Passion for video games and FPS games.
- Solid knowledge of 3DS Max or Maya and Zbrush.
- Working knowledge of modern lighting techniques in Next-Gen video games
- Experience with Unreal 4 game engine.
- Experience using Perforce or equivalent VCS.
- Highly organized with the ability to adhere to production schedules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Outstanding self-motivation and initiative.
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- AAA development experience.
- Experience with a SCRUM environment.
- Experience with playing shooters or other online games.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).