Art - Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile 3D Artist/Sculptor to join its development team in Raleigh, NC working on a new Unreal 4 Engine, cooperative online shooter game, with a premium business model, using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
The 3D Artist/Sculptor at Funcom, Inc. will report directly to the Lead Artist and is an integral part of the art team tasked with the designing and implementing a wide range of in-game art assets for use in our newest title.
- Creating 3D sculptures/models with a strong focus on Organic Environmental Assets.
- Creating and building 3D environments using in house tools & within the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Creating small props for use in cinematics and gameplay.
- Prop creation support for Environment Artists.
- Texture creation.
- High poly to Low poly process.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- 3+ years of 3D Sculpting/Modeling or Environment Art Design industry experience; preferable within the video game development industry.
- Solid knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya and Zbrush.
- A knowledge of Substance Painter.
- Experience with Unreal 4 game engine.
- Experience using Perforce or equivalent VCS.
- Passion for video games and FPS games.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative.
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- AAA development experience.
- Experience with playing shooters or other online games.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).
A view-able portfolio of your work is mandatory for this opportunity.