Engineering - Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile AI/Gameplay programmer to join its development team in Raleigh, North Carolina, working on a new cooperative online shooter game with a Premium business model using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
The AI Programmer at Funcom, Inc. will be responsible for the development of Gameplay and AI behaviors, decision logic, core AI systems and AI tools which will bring our AI characters to life. It will be important to efficiently script behaviors and debug AI logic. The Gameplay/AI Programmer will collaborate directly with the programming team, designers, animators, and producers to identify problems, provide solutions, and improve the quality of gameplay particularly the AI behavior and character gameplay.
- Design, implement, and maintain core AI systems (perception, positioning, pathfinding, etc.).
- Create tools to develop AI behaviors and gameplay (navigation, combat, animation etc.).
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Support and collaborate with designers and animators.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Game Design or other Technical degree.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Minimum 5 years professional programming experience.
- Strong understanding of AI architectures, algorithms, and pathfinding techniques.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Proficient in linear algebra.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Experience working with consoles and PC Games.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer game.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, etc).
- 401K w/match.
- Possibility of advancement.
- Dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Training opportunities.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).