Lead Community Manager
Marketing - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for a creative, outgoing and enthusiastic Lead Community Manager to join its Oslo, Norway studio. The Lead Community Manager will be part of the marketing team, work closely with the Community Managers and report to the Community Director. The Community Team is part of the Marketing department at Funcom and as such you will cooperate closely with people working within a wide range of fields.
You will help create and execute strategies from the community side to support marketing beats leading up to a release and define and execute engagement strategies meeting KPI goals for live ops games.
You will be instrumental in managing the Community Team both in-house and externally for all our games together with the Community Director. You will be a key player in expanding, entertaining, and informing the Funcom communities. You will also manage the moderation and communication on social media channels, as well as the execution of the marketing key beats for all our games.
You are close to the final product, our community and our fans - we encourage you to interact with our community and players directly through social media, our forum, and via streams.
Make sure to check out our company values and history.
- Work closely with the Community Director to help plan and execute efficient community plans for the different live games and games in development, involving creative and relevant initiatives to help grow, engage and cultivate a positive and inclusive community for Funcom and all our games
- Work closely with the Community Director to expand the Funcom communities, coming up with new strategies, tactics, and activities in order to take the Community efforts to the next level
- Ensure regular reporting from the Community Team
- Manage, task and coordinate the Community Managers both in house and in our Durham office.
- Overlook copywriting
- Coordinate communications throughout all channels for our different games
- Proven experience in community management, social media, and/or digital marketing in the video game industry.
- Open to international travel
- Strong Knowledge of Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A deep understanding of and interest in video game culture and communities.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing tools is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience supporting a game through a whole life-cycle from Development to Release and Live-Operations.
- Project management experience
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work both in a team and independently
- Strong company values
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- Norway offers:
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English-speaking population
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Community Director
Location: This position is based in Oslo
Please include a personal letter outlining your experience in games and the game’s industry and what you will bring to the table and how you will achieve the objectives and goals for the role.