From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Studio in North Carolina, US needs an HR Business Partner to implement all the local HR processes with the first focus on recruitment and hiring.
Your Mission in Funcom
As the HR Business Partner, you will be responsible for implementing all HR processes for our North Carolina Studio with a focus on recruitment and hiring. The person should ensure that the recruitment targets and strategy are well implemented, managing end to end the recruitment process.
Part of the mission is to make sure all the other HR processes (onboarding, training, and developing, operational HR) are put in place and functional. The HRBP acts as an advisor for all the managers and teams in the studio on any HR process.
You will use your emotional intellect to source people that value feedback, kindness and peer growth. As well as have an understanding of human-synergy and the importance of recruiting with a mission of nurturing safe company culture.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Manages all the HR programs (University Relationships; Training, Development and Motivation) in the studio, having in mind the global guidelines but also the local needs
- You will communicate and listen with great empathy and is solution based in favour of the teams.
- Makes sure that all HR processes and employee benefits are well known by the employees
- Comes with initiatives and local proposals for any HR topic/process
- Works with the other HRBPs from the other studios in HR processes alignment
- Supports the organization of any local event
- Keeps track of turnover and works with the local management, CHRO and Head of Studio to find solutions
- Organizes exit interviews and centralize/document information according to the global process
- Based on Studio staffing plans, builds recruitment approach and strategy, identifying the best recruitment channels (recruitment sites, direct search, social media, etc.)
- Organizes discussions with all the stakeholders to understand well the requirements for the jobs opened.
- Advertises in the best/appropriate format using also his/her strong networking skills
- Sources& screens the candidates
- Drives the selection process (interviews, educational or professional experience, references, technical testing), involving appropriately all the stakeholders and following the global recruitment process.
- Works with the Head of Studio and Chief HR Officer to build the offers and close the positions.
Participates in external events as an employer (job fairs, other industry events, etc.) - working closely with HR Communication & Events Specialist.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2+ years of Human Resources experience
- 1+ years of full-cycle Recruitment experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Fluent English
- Ability to work with different personalities and adapt
- Outstanding listening and communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on (sometimes) complicated issues
- Coaching and counselling skills
- Planning and organizing skills
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Great understanding of gaming industry and the challenges that are connected to it.
- Previous relevant experience working in multicultural, international environment
- Advocate and be always in the service of the team.
- Someone who communicates and listens with great empathy and is solution based in favour of the teams.
- Uses their emotional intellect to source people that values feedback, kindness and peer growth.
- Understanding of human-synergy and the importance of recruiting with a mission of nurturing safe company culture.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom NC studio is a professional working environment with the international work culture.
Funcom Inc offers:
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.