From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our team in Bucharest needs an Office Assistant to assist in daily office needs, provide support to our managers and employees, and manage our company’s general administrative activities. In this role, you will work with the Head of Studio, Studio Operations Manager and the HRBP to ensure all studio needs and perform a wide range of high-level administrative tasks.
This role is for a determined period of 6 months, with possibility of extending the collaboration based on the business needs.
Your Mission in Funcom
- Ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office
- Organize and participate to activities & events related to employee morale, including holiday parties, employee outings, parties, etc.
- Help the office management with general administration tasks where needed
- Make travel and meeting arrangements
- Help with the onboarding of new employees
- Provide general support to visitors
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Be in sync with other Funcom studios
We are looking for someone that has:
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Competent writing and communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to drive initiatives from start to finish
- An empathetic, kind and approachable attitude
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- A passion for video games
- Procurement and negotiation experience
- Previous administrative experience
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, currently focusing on Quality Assurance, with plans in place to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Working at Funcom Bucharest offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and a lot of fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy and central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants).
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.