From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now we need an experienced and passionate Dev QA Tester to join our Dune team in Bucharest.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Dev QA Tester, you will contribute to ensuring the quality of our games.
You will evaluate and perform first pass QA testing on new features and content and provide early feedback to the development team, report issues/bugs, help developers with reproducing, identifying, and isolating bugs, and work directly with the development team to bring each project to life and ensure high-quality experiences for our players.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Help maintain a good functionality of the game systems by developing an in-depth understanding of them and their associated requirements
- Work closely with the Developers to provide early testing and feedback about features, helping in maintaining a smooth development process
- Perform testing accurately and thoroughly to detect bugs, software flaws and/or design issues
- Own a project area and ensure that all the checks are properly executed
- Create and execute test cases based on design documents
- Report the test results, provide regular updates and escalate concerns to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure the quality of testing deliverables
We are looking for someone that has:
- Passion for video games
- Strong analytical and problem-detection skills
- Ability to provide qualitative feedback for the game
- Professional attitude and a track record of being proactive, self-driven, meticulous, and curious in nature
- Advanced Level knowledge of QA processes
- Experience with test case management tools and defect tracking tools (Test rail / JIRA / Confluence)
- Experience with the test cycle of a commercial game project, through alpha, beta, launch, and maintenance
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Visual Studio
- A technical background and experience with C++, SQL and/or Python
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC
- Experience with playing Survival games and RPG’s (Conan Exiles, ARK, Rust, 7Days etc.)
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, currently focusing on Quality Assurance, with plans in place to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and a lot of fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy and central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants).
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.