Sr. Environment Artist
Art – Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Senior Environment Artist to join its development team in Raleigh, NC working on a new Unreal 4 Engine, cooperative online shooter game, with a premium business model, using an IP from Heroic Signatures.
The Senior Environment Artist at Funcom, Inc. will report directly to the Art Director and Producer and is an integral part of the art team tasked with designing and implementing a wide range of in-game art assets for use in our newest title.
- Creating and building 3D environments using in house tools and the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Creating small props for use in cinematics and gameplay.
- Prop creation support for Environment Artists.
- Documenting, researching, and training while improving the art pipeline.
- Environment lighting.
- Texture creation.
- High poly to Low poly process.
- Mentoring and Training of Associate and Mid-Level Environment Artists.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 6+ years of Environment Art Design or 3D Art; preferable within the video game development industry.
- Passion for video games and FPS games.
- Solid knowledge of 3DS Max and Zbrush.
- Experience using Perforce or equivalent VCS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Outstanding self-motivation and initiative.
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience with Unreal 4 game engine.
- Experience with playing shooters or other online games.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).