From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 350 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Junior Hard Surface Artist, you will work closely with the Art team and Art Producer to help produce high quality assets and checking their performance ingame. You will be an integral part of the art team tasked with designing and implementing a wide range of hard surface art assets for use in our games.
No prior experience is required, but demonstrable skill is a must. You should provide a portfolio showcasing your latest works as well as demonstrating a passion to grow and learn within the industry!
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Create optimized game ready hard surface assets for todays standards
- Capacity to interpret a 2D concept and make the 3D model solving problems along the way
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards
- Follow and respect the art direction guidelines
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standards
We are looking for someone that has:
- Solid 3D art fundamentals of topology, materials, textures, proportion, plus animation and game limitations
- Some experience with Blender, Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Substance Suite and/or other 3D software packages
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and production management tools
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Games industry experience with one game credit
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4
- Enjoys playing survival genre games
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom Lisbon has a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
Funcom Lisbon offers challenging and interesting work, flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, social events, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.