From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 350 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
Our audio team in Oslo looking for a talented and experienced Junior Audio Designer to help create compelling and immersive content together with the rest of the audio and dev teams! In this role, you will be tasked with creating, designing and editing enhancing, high -quality audio content and in-game implementation in accordance with each project’s design goals.
A successful Audio Designer in Funcom has not only an excellent ear for details and a strong creative drive, but also well-rounded experience in all aspects of audio design and production.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work on audio design within the team’s goals and the creative visions.
- Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game
- Implement sound design to the game engine
- Find and fix audio-related bugs
- Help out with sound studio and audio systems maintenance and including outboard gear
- Location recording for unique audio experiences
- Be a team player and participate in cross-team meetings.
- Work with cross-functional teams, and help design and develop key features
- Use the freedom this role offers to leave a lasting impression in our games
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor or relevant audio education
- A portfolio/showreel of high-quality creative audio design and implementation samples
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience with audio middleware, such as Wwise or FMOD
- Advanced experience with audio software such as, REAPER, Pro Tools and Izotope
- General understanding of Unreal Engine.
- Solid location recording skills in studio and external environments, SFX and Foley
- Good knowledge of audio implementation for online games and surround mixing techniques
- An analytical and solutions-oriented approach to design and curation of sounds
- Passion for video games and the gaming industry
- Solid communication skills, drive, determination, and persistence to make things happen
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, with close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.