From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
Funcom is looking for a talented rendering programmer with a keen interest in visual effects and solid knowledge of modern rendering approaches, to work on our upcoming open world survival game based on the DUNE IP.
Your Mission in Funcom
As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize rendering features, working closely with the art and tech art to help us create visually compelling experiences.
You will also be heavily involved in deciding how best to drive our visuals forward.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and implement rendering systems to help us reach the visual targets for our titles
- Optimize rendering systems to run efficiently on all target hardware and platforms
- Work closely with engine and game teams to constantly improve development tools and processes.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of modern rendering algorithms and techniques.
- Excellent 3d Math skills.
- Demonstrated experience working on recent graphics APIs, such as d3d12 or Vulkan.
- Strong C++ and software design skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Contributed significant rendering technology on one or more released titles.
- A passion for visuals.
- Worked on current generation console titles.
- Have a working understanding of the architecture of modern GPUs (GCN, etc.
in addition, the perfect candidate has:
Experience working with UE4
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.