From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 350 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
Join a group of multinational customer service experts helping players get the most of their experiences in Conan Exiles. Assist players from all over the world with Funcom’s broad canon of games including an upcoming survival game set in the Dune universe. Use your passion for games to make players’ time in our games better in meaningful ways.
Funcom is fighting to provide a service that our players take pride in. Help us remove any obstacles that stand in the players’ path to fun. Embed yourself and improve our team with your unique experience and understanding. From questions about our games to complications with players’ accounts, use your skills to encourage our players to take pride in our games.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Handle incoming queries and resolving issues to the satisfaction of our players
- Troubleshoot players' account and status
- Find and verify bugs in games and tools
- Sharing player feedback to the team to improve the gaming experience
- Communicate and collaborate with Live Operations and Development teams across Funcom’s studios
- Generate reports giving insight into frequently reported issues
- Assist with quality control of all games
We are looking for someone that has:
- Proven experience in customer service, community management, or another public communication-related field
- A passionate understanding of and interest in video game culture and communities
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Detail-oriented analysis and reporting skills
- Self-motivated and having the ability to develop new initiatives as well as managing multiple tasks with little supervision
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Loves playing survival games
- Copywriting/editing skills
- Previous experience in games/entertainment industry
- Experience in Zendesk or similar CRM systems.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom has a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
Funcom ZPX offers challenging and interesting work, flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, social events, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.