From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 350 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
With exciting new titles on the horizon and beloved existing ones, the Community team is looking to add more Community Managers in their ranks!
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Community Manager, you will be part of our Community Management team and report to the Lead Community Manager while collaborating with our production, support, and marketing teams. We are open to people of all experience levels.
Your initial focus will be Conan Exiles where you will work with together with fellow Community Managers to handle plans and content for our communication channels, communication with our content creators and other engagement opportunities.
We aim for the Community Manager role to be a valid career track on its own and we will work with you to find the right specialization (including being a generalist) to fit your current and future skillset.
This position is ideally located at Funcom Lisbon office in Lisbon but for the right candidate other solutions can be considered, including other Funcom studios and remote work.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Collaborate with the rest of the team on the planning and execution of content plans for socials
- Monitor and generate engagement for our communication channels including social media
- Discover, and follow content creators for our titles and find ways to collaborate with them
- Monitor sentiment and collect feedback on our community
- Create graphic assets, videos and/or write engaging content
- Keep up to date with the use and best practices of social media and other digital communication platforms and the internet and gaming trends
- Keep up to date with both gaming culture and the broader popular culture
- Proactively bring new ideas and research to support the Community team tasks
We are looking for someone that has:
- 1+ years of experience in Community Management or similar community-facing roles
- Experience in creating graphic assets, videos and/or writing and knowledge of relevant tools
- Understanding of Project Management and experience with relevant tools eg. Jira
- Passion for video games, digital communication
- Knowledge of the Conan IP and/or passion for exploring new IPs
- Experience in Survival, Open-World, Crafting games
- Excellent command of English
- Open to feedback and self-development
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- 3+ years of experience in Community Management or a similar role
- Interest and extensive knowledge of the Conan IP
- Interest and knowledge of Dune IP
- Enthusiasm in the SOC genre
- Experience in streaming and related tools and being open to appearing on streams and potentially be one of the faces of Funcom
- Understanding and love for Tiktok
- Experience in creating content for Tiktok
- Native-level English skill
- Fluency in one or more languages other than English
- Existing connections in any communities that will be relevant to your tasks
- Knowledge of other Funcom games and IPs
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom has a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 45 people from more than 10 nationalities.
Funcom Lisbon offers challenging and interesting work, flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, social events, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.