From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 350 people located in 5 studios - Portugal, Norway, the US, Sweden and a Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our team in Lisbon is looking for an IT and Operations Specialist to develop and maintain the office IT infrastructure, take care of hardware procurement and troubleshooting for the on-site teams and work with counterparts in the other Funcom offices on the wider company infrastructure.
Your Mission in Funcom
- Ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day IT operations of our office
- Provide IT support for the development teams
- Manage the office network
- Procuring and setting up new hardware
- Maintain and develop the Funcom group IT infrastructure
- Monitor and troubleshoot server related issues with our live multiplayer games
- Onboarding new employees and prepare their workstations
- Be in sync with other Funcom studios
We are looking for someone that has:
- Experience administrating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows workstations
- Experience setting up and administrating an office network
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English and Portuguese
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to drive initiatives from start to finish
You can impress us further if you have:
- Passion for games
- Experience working in a multi-office environment
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online
- Experience administrating relational databases systems
- Experience with source control system administration, ideally Perforce
- Experience with Kubernetes
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom Lisbon is a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, with international work culture, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 70 people from more than 10 nationalities.
Funcom Lisbon offers challenging and interesting work, flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, social events, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.