Junior Game Designer
Design – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
The Junior Game Designer at Funcom will work with senior designers to develop in-game levels, NPCs, items and playable events. Your role is to help create a successful game where people feel engaged, and to turn visions and ideas into playable events within our new project at Funcom.
The first project for our Junior Designer will be a new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concept stage, to enter pre-production in Q1 2019.
Make sure to check out our company values and history.
- Collaborate with the Level/Game Designers and Environment Artist to build engaging play spaces
- Translate team’s playtest feedback into concrete improvements
- Working within a large design team and have the ability to bring people together
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- Extensive experience playing open world survival games and taking part in PvP
- Strong sense of level design, scale, pacing, and gameplay flow
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience with creating mods for games
- Experience with Unreal Engine or Unity3D Engine
- General understanding of game engines, technology and the game development process
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.