From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 300 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, Funcom is working on a survival open-world crafting game set in the universe of Dune and is looking for an Associate Game Director. As part of our creative team, you will take part in bringing this amazing world to life, while pushing the boundaries of quality and gameplay in the survival genre.
Your Mission in Funcom
As an Associate Game Director, you will help set the design vision for a survival open-world crafting game set in the Dune universe. You will report to our Game Director and together with CCO and Game Director and Design Leads you will play a significant role in shaping, designing, and building this amazing world. You will work on aligning the systems and mechanics for the game into a coherent experience for players.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work closely with the CCO and Game Director to create the overall game design vision
- Work with the development team to ensure the end-to-end implementation of core game loops in accordance with game vision
- Lead design team and help them maximize their potential and performance with coaching and mentoring
- Be responsible for the professional development of the design leads on the project
- Identify relevant production priorities and scope as needed
We are looking for someone that has:
- 8+ years of game development experience
- Experience as a Team or Project leader is essential
- Strong leadership skills
- Passion for mentoring and people development
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with project management tools such as JIRA
- Experience working on open-world titles
- Experience working on multiplatform/console titles
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience with multiplayer titles
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.