From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 300 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, and Romania - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK.
As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
As Level Designer you have experience with: interior and exterior gameplay spaces, game pacing, visual composition of scenes, and event scripting. You will work with the design and narrative teams to ensure that the content of the world is true to the IP while delivering a satisfying game experience. You will be challenged to create levels that support the core fantasies of Dune.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Create quality goals, workflows and guides for all interior and exterior levels
- Collaborate and build relationships with designers, writers, and partners
- Plan and direct levels together with the content design team
- Improve all mechanics used to create content, such as game pacing, difficulty curves, game flow, player progression, narrative aspects, etc.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 3 years of experience in the game industry working in a level design capacity
- Professional history with shipped titles
- Extensive understanding of design processes including game design, level design and content design
- Self-motivated and self-driven to collaborate and drive change in a studio environment
- Ability to work with resolve while thinking critically and resolving complex issues
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in survival games
- Enjoys playing survival genre games
- Familiarity with Dune and the Dune IP
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.