From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 300 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, and Romania - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK.
As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
We expect you to have experience with planning and implementing one or more of the following: game pacing, campaigns, tutorials, scenarios, quests, narratives, characters, items, and more. You work closely with level designers and the narrative team to ensure that the content of the world is true to the IP while delivering a satisfying game experience. You are excited to create content that supports the core fantasies of Dune while introducing new players to the mysteries of the universe.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- 2+ years of experience in the game industry working in a game/content design capacity
- Create content for the Dune universe using our in-house tools
- Expand the game world following the Creative Direction and Content Bible
- Create quality goals, workflows and guides for all game relevant content elements
- Collaborate and build relationships with other professions.
- Work with level designers, artists, and the narrative team to create and implement content including scenarios, tutorials, quests, spaces, and more, while accommodating each player's unique and non-linear path
- Use metrics to improve content and monitor elements such as game pacing, difficulty curves, game flow, player progression, narrative aspects, etc.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in survival games
- Enjoys playing survival genre games
- Familiarity with Dune and the Dune IP
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.