From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 300 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, and Romania - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK.
As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
As a UI Motion Designer, you will be heavily involved with the UI animation direction and behavior. You will need both an excellent eye for design as well as the technical understanding for implementation & discussions with code.
In this role, you are a highly skilled and adaptable individual, able to work with multiple challenging requests and investigate solutions whilst also following up with the implementation and mentoring of designed solutions. You also have a strong understanding of the latest UI/UX design production techniques.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work with After Effects and UMG to devise distinctive animation solutions for UI in the game
- Add valuable and supportive life to UI, helping players see and understand important actions and changes
- Work closely with the UI/UX Director, UI/UX Lead and the UI/UX team to understand the needs of each UI component
- Design creative and engaging solutions that are cohesive and can be shared across different UI to build a consistent language
- Own and champion the motion design identity, managing its use across all UI - both in HUD and Menus
- Support other team members in explaining and mentoring where necessary
We are looking for someone that has:
- 3+ years’ experience working on AAA console and/or PC titles
- Full development cycle on at least 1 shipped AAA title on console/PC
- Excellent communication, organization, mentorship, time management and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent and authorization to work in Europe
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.