From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our HR department needs a Global Talent Acquisition Lead to help support our ongoing growth while managing our Talent Acquisition team.
The position can be based in any of our European studios - Oslo, Norway; Stockholm, Sweden; Lisbon, Portugal; Bucharest, Romania.
Your Mission in Funcom
You will have an impact by leading our global Talent Acquisition team and supporting our growth, bringing to the team passionate professionals. You will work together with the CHRO and global HR team, as well as the Executive Management team to identify the best options to meet the staffing needs and filling open positions with talented and qualified candidates. You will make sure we have the right strategy, branding approach and tools to meet our recruitment needs.
You will be responsible for the full life cycle of the recruiting process, from identifying the needs to onboarding our new hires.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Participate together with the Chief HR Officer and management team in identifying recruitment needs based on the staffing plan and thus building the recruitment strategy
- Implement the right recruitment strategy through identifying the right sourcing channels, having the right messages to the market, working with the right recruitment tools, and making sure recruitment timelines are met
- Work with Senior Management Team to build the right job profiling- Identifying the profiles needed by the teams
- Handle end to end recruitment for hard to fill or key positions
- Identify and participate in different branding initiatives which will enable brand awareness and will improve the recruitment pipeline
- Driving and improving all recruitment processes based on data and internal/external feedback
- Manage and motivate the global Talent Acquisition team
We are looking for someone that has:
- At least 7 years of A-Z talent acquisition experience with at least 2 years of leadership experience, in a global setting
- Strong IT recruitment experience (knowledge of applicant tracking systems or other relevant software, strong profile searching, assessment skills)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Initiative, ownership, creativity, passion for what you do
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced English skills
- A keen interest on learning more about the videogame industry
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point)
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.