From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our studio in Bucharest, Romania needs a Compliance QA Lead to help set up our new Compliance QA team and ensure that all titles we craft for our players are sharp and ready to pass all certification steps of our Microsoft and Sony partners.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Compliance QA Lead, you will be responsible for setting up the in-house compliance team in the Bucharest studio, determine the onboarding, training and process implementation needs and see them all into reality.
You will build your team of certification specialists, lead, coach, and mentor them towards both team and individual success.
You will be ensuring that every release is robust and in perfect alignment with the technical requirements of supported platforms.
You will drive test planning, creation, estimation, execution, reporting and finding the right metrics to keep all relevant stakeholders in the loop on our products’ quality and progress.
You’ll help the team and the project grow and evolve. You’ll keep an eye on what’s happening in the industry, constantly finding ways to improve the way we develop and test the game.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Help our games showcase our passion for the industry, regardless of what platform they land on
- Define and build a brand-new team and be the bridge that allows it to seamlessly integrate within the current Funcom structure
- Lead the Compliance QA team, help them grow and learn alongside them, knowing when to juggle between taking an on-the-field approach or overseeing things from a bird’s eye view
- Be the gate keeper of our games making it into certification and spearhead the initiatives that will make it happen
- Thoroughly plan, put in practice, monitor, and adjust the testing strategy to continuously improve our efficiency and confidence of getting certified.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Passion for video games
- A rigorous eye for risks and a keen mind for containing them
- Clear, effective communication across teams and cultures
- Proactive mentality
- Passion for leadership and mentoring
- Experience leading/managing teams for 3+ years
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and tools, video game testing standards, and the video game development cycle
- Sound knowledge and expertise of Technical Requirement Checklist & Technical Certification Requirements
- Project Management knowledge (Project planning, prioritization, partner management, risk management)
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, currently focusing on Quality Assurance, with plans in place to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Funcom offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and a lot of fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy and central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants).
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.