Sr. Technical Artist
Art – Funcom (Raleigh, NC, USA)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Sr. Technical Artist to join its development team in North Carolina, working on a new cooperative online shooter game with a Premium business model using an IP from Heroic Signatures. The Sr. Technical Artist at Funcom, Inc. will handle modeling, UV creation, Shading, Rendering, and animations within the Unreal game engine for development on PC and most importantly on the PS4 and Xbox One consoles. The Sr. Technical Artist at Funcom, Inc. should have a polished skill set that combines strong technical ability and a sharp artistic eye.
- Refine pipeline with tools and scripts to improve efficiency.
- Act as a liaison between the Art and Programming departments.
- Work with team to ensure an efficient art pipeline and optimized game.
- Research and Develop features and assist in evaluating the risk/reward of new features.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve visual quality.
- Assist with content creation.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development or a strong technical art background.
- Knowledge of current real time rendering techniques.
- Unreal 4 Engine Expert.
- Experience with modeling, UV creation, Shading, Rendering, and animations in 3dsmax.
- Proficiency in Maxscript.
- Experience creating and optimizing shaders and materials.
- Competence in C++.
- Substance Designer experience.
- Experienced with Rigging and Skinning.
- Understanding of HLSL.
- Great employee benefits (premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days/8 sick days, etc)
- 401K w/match
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).