From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 300 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, and Romania - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK.
As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our team in Raleigh, NC needs a Senior Hard Surface Artist to work initially on a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
As a Senior Hard Surface Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director and Project Producer to build and maintain qualitative goals and artistic consistency, setting high visual standards. You will be an integral part of the art team tasked with designing and implementing a wide range of in-game art assets for use in our games.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Create optimized game ready assets for today´s standards
- Help artists to create kit pieces for modular constructions
- Flexibility to do organic sculpting and Hard surface modeling
- Capacity to interpret a 2D concept and make a 3D version solving problems
- Lead, mentor and motivate 3D artists as they develop and polish their work throughout the 3D pipeline
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards
- Build and maintain partner and client relationships, trust and communication
- Follow and respect the art direction guidelines
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standards
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum 5 year of experience as a 3D Artist or Modeler in the game industry
- Mastery of 3D art fundamentals of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations
- Expert-level proficiency with Z-Brush, Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Substance Suite and/or other 3D software packages
- Experience using Perforce or equivalent VCS
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and production management tools
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Excellent English communication, organization, mentorship, time management and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- A keen interest in playing games and game development beyond art
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom NC studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture.
Funcom Inc offers:
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.