From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 300 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now our Live Operations team for Conan Exiles and our upcoming Dune survival game needs a Producer to support and guide the team’s efforts to ensure we deliver the highest quality experience to our players.
This position is located in Oslo, Norway.
Your Mission in Funcom
You will oversee our live game operations, guide and support the team’s work, and ensure priorities are known and resources available to meet our own and our players’ high expectations. You are also the designated producer for our live development team, with focus on bug fixes, quality of life improvements and revamps, devkit for mod makers, and some of the live operations tools.
You shall champion transparency, predictability, and efficiency, solve bottlenecks and roadblocks, provide schedule and progress updates, and improve best practices.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work with the rest of Production as well as Quality Assurance, Support and Community teams to monitor releases, handle service incidents, process player feedback, and coordinate priorities and resources with a focus on game improvements, service availability and player satisfaction
- Prioritize the live development backlog of game improvements, and assists in the development of assigned features and projects from concept to release
- Develop and track game and live development schedules, identify and mitigate risks, and ensure transparency and predictability
- Identify and track production and organizational issues and bottlenecks to continually improve quality and efficiency
- Be a great team player, with high focus on feedback, recognition, and motivation
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2-4 years of game development or operations experience in an internal Production role
- Experience with Games as a Service, post-launch support, and content updates
- Proficiency with project management and version control tools such as JIRA and Perforce
- Understanding of traditional and Agile project management methodologies
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- A calm, analytical, and solution focused mindset
- Experience with playing and understanding multiplayer Survival / Open World / Crafting games
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.