From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 300 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Production team in Raleigh, NC needs a Project Manager for Conan Exiles.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Project Manager in Funcom, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining plans, budgets and processes, as well as supporting and guiding the team with the implementation of such processes and procedures. You will also work with the various teams and departments to find the best methodologies to fit their needs.
You are an analytical and structured individual, able to keep a cool head even under pressure. You pride yourself on being able to handle multiple tasks at once and take the initiative to drive processes leading to on-time, successful deliveries. Although you are comfortable working independently, you are also a team player who can work closely with people with all kinds of backgrounds and disciplines.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Create and maintain project plans and budgets
- Ensure the adoption of processes and procedures for better planning and delivery
- Develop and advocate best practices and tools
- Monitor progress to ensure deadlines & standards are met
- Develop and deliver progress reports to management and other stakeholders
- Liaison with any 3rd party business relationship vital to the success of the project
- Perform a risk assessment to develop response strategies
- Help bring a higher degree of predictability and control to the sometimes chaotic game development process
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum 3 years of experience with project management techniques and methodologies, preferably within Game Development
- Bachelor’s degree in game development or management
- Scrum master certification
- Advanced knowledge of Jira or similar issue tracking tools
- Knowledge of Excel
- Ability to manage your own time/schedule, and be available at odd hours due to different time zones of our different partners
- A collaborative mindset – you are a team player who can work closely not only with all the professions in the team
- An analytical and organized mind
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing
- To be able to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Passion for video games and interest in learning about game development
- Preferably, experience working with console submission processes (Xbox/Playstation)
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom NC studio is a professional working environment with the international work culture.
Funcom Inc offers:
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.