From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Game development department in Oslo, Norway needs a Junior Gameplay Programmer to work on a new open-world multiplayer survival game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
Your Mission in Funcom
As a junior gameplay programmer at Funcom, you will work with a team of highly skilled programmers on an ambitious multiplayer sandbox game based on the Dune IP. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide array of gameplay features, using data-oriented programming approaches (ECS) as well as working on distributed game logic across multiple server instances.
As a part of the gameplay programming team, you will collaborate with designers, animators, UI/UX and artists in multidisciplinary strike teams working towards completing a set of features. You will be expected to solve challenges and contribute to delivering high-quality features within the established milestones.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Comfortable working in C++ on a large codebase
- has a passion for programming and games, with an understanding of how game features are built
- has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or equivalent experience
- has working knowledge of 3d math
- is fluent in English
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience with client-server gameplay logic
- Prior experience working as a gameplay programmer
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom NC studio is a professional working environment with the international work culture.
Funcom Inc offers:
• Substantial employee benefits package including premium free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
• 401K w/match.
• Dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work environment.
• Continued training and career development opportunities.
• Team and Family oriented culture.
• Continually evolving employee-based culture, including events, gatherings, contests, morale-based incentives, etc.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.