From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Art department in Oslo, Norway needs a Senior Audio Designer to help create high quality audio content for Dune.
Your Mission in Funcom
As an Audio Designer you will help create compelling and immersive content together with the audio team and the other development teams. In this role, you will be tasked with creating, designing high quality audio content and in-game in-game implementation in accordance with each project’s design goals.
A successful Audio Designer in Funcom has not only an excellent ear for details and a strong creative drive, but also well-rounded experience in all aspects of audio design and production.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Use the freedom this role offers to leave a lasting impression on the emotional and world building aspects of the game
- Collaborate with the Audio Director to execute and deliver on audio features and ensure defined aesthetics are met throughout production
- Contribute to all aspects of sound design, including designing, foley, mixing and implementation of sound effects in alignment with the creative vision
- Work closely disciplines like level design, game design, VFX, animation, programming, to create an emotional and lasting experience for the players
- Engage in the planning and execution of recording sessions, in studio and field
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2+ shipped AAA titles on console, PC, and/or VR games with a track record of technical sound design and implementation skills as a professional audio designer
- Proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise and advanced experience with standard audio software such as Pro Tools, Nuendo or Reaper
- General understanding of Unreal Engine
- Solid recording skills for SFX and Foley in studio and external environments
- Great knowledge of audio implementation for online games and surround mixing techniques
- Understand emotion and tension in storytelling, and be able to design narrative-driven audio
- Experience designing sounds and sound systems for combat, vehicles, physics, and environments
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.