From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom is looking for a talented and Versatile Senior Engine Programmer to work on our upcoming games including Dune.
Your Mission in Funcom
As part of our core technology team, you will design, write, and optimize engine features, working closely with the rest of the team as well as the game programmers and designers.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Develop, debug or optimize engine-level systems in C++ in Unreal engine, as well as new platform support, networking, or world streaming.
- Develop, optimize or automate development processes such as finding more efficient ways to build the project.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a large scale production framework for data oriented programming (ECS based)
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various engine systems.
- You will be responsible for mentoring less experienced members of the team.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Strong C++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory-constrained environments
- Deep understanding of multiple engine areas (networking, AI, physics, animations, rendering, etc.)
- Aptitude for breaking down complex problems into small/manageable tasks
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- Experience working on one or more released titles
- Experience working with consoles
- 5 or more years of relevant professional experience
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience working with UE4
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.