From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Studio in Stockholm, Sweden needs an Operations Manager to make sure the studio has all the supplies needed, to ensure the facility management, and that all local projects and events are efficiently implemented.
Your Mission in Funcom
The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Studio in making sure the studio runs smoothly and creating optimal working conditions for all team members. You will have a key role in enabling the Studio to grow sustainably to support multiple projects. You will work closely with the Head of Studio and management to realise the strategies for building the best place to work (in games) in Sweden.
Being in an expansion phase, our mission is to establish ourselves as a key player in the game development scene in Stockholm.
As Operations Manager you will play an important role in studio growth, including but not limited to
- post-pandemic office strategies
- improved operational processes with a larger team
- team tools/benefits and employer branding including events and studio happenings
How you can have an impact in your position:
Ideally you like bouncing strategy ideas around with Head of Studio and enjoy a mix of strategic and operational work but enjoy executing finished plans.
Additionally you will manage all the internal tools and reports, to align with the global Operations and Finance team and to make sure budgets and financial guidelines are respected.
- Sources and oversees contracts and service providers for the cost-effective provision of quality services and equipment to have a fully operational studio in Stockholm
- Ensures office space is optimized for current project needs, oversees any renovations, refurbishments projects or layout changes that are needed to create the perfect place to work
- Works with HR managers to make sure the employees have all the tools they need to perform their job
- Keeps the relationship with any external stakeholder (local authorities/ building owners/lawyers, etc) to secure full compliance with local regulations/contractual agreements
- Drives implementation of internal events for employees (Project events/local parties/etc) together with event planning committee
- Involved in employer branding strategies and drives implementation together with HR representatives (University Relationships, events, booths, etc)
- Manages any studio reporting to global teams providing accurate data
- Manages monthly budgeting and monitors cash flow
- Drives and improves operational processes within the Studio
We are looking for someone that has:
- Experience in Operations management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Proficiency in written and spoken Swedish
- Competent writing and communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- As a person you are empathetic, kind and approachable
- Procurement and negotiation experience (bonus!)
- Can work independently and is able to drive initiatives from start to finish
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Outsiders studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, and close to 30 people. Located in Södermalm, in the heart of the game dev scene in Stockholm surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at The Outsiders studio offers a flexible working schedule, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.