From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now we need an experienced and passionate QA Game Tester to join our new team in Bucharest, working on our multiplayer sandbox survival games.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Senior Game Tester, you will contribute to ensuring the quality of our games.
You will evaluate and perform testing on the game’s features and content, report issues, help developers with reproducing, identifying and isolating bugs and collaborate with the development team to ensure high-quality experiences for our players.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Own a project area and ensure that all the checks are properly executed
- Create and execute test cases based on design documents
- Work closely with the Project Managers, Developers and Testers for delivering the tasks in time and with the expected quality
- Help maintain a good functionality of the game systems by developing an intimate understanding of them and their associated requirements
- Perform testing accurately and thoroughly, within a specified timeframe to detect bugs, software flaws and/or design issues
- Report the test results, provide regular updates and escalate concerns to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure the quality of testing deliverables
We are looking for someone that has:
- Passion for video games
- Advanced Level knowledge of QA processes
- Ability to provide qualitative feedback for the game
- Experience with test case management tools and defect tracking tools (Test rail / JIRA / Confluence)
- Experience with the test cycle of a commercial game project, through alpha, beta, launch, and maintenance
- Ability to provide peer support and to onboard new team members
- Professional attitude and a track record of being proactive, self-driven, meticulous, and curious in nature
- Strong analytical and problem-detection skills
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- QA experience on Current Gen consoles
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC
- Experience with playing Survival games and RPG’s (Conan Exiles, ARK, Rust, 7Days etc.)
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, currently focusing on Quality Assurance, with plans in place to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Working at Funcom Bucharest offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and a lot of fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy and central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants).
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.