Marketing – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for a Community Support representative to join us at our Oslo office and the right candidate will be part of the Community team within the Marketing department. The Community Support representative will report to the Community Director.
The Community Support position is a mix of traditional Customer Service and the more outward-facing Community Manager role. Where as our Community Managers are more focused on the entertainment aspect of the community work, the Community Support representative will focus on providing players with technical and gameplay support.
Instead of working through a traditional Customer Service ticket system, the Community Support representative will provide support for players through public platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, chat rooms, forums, and more. This means that the Community Support representative will serve a public-facing role, putting together communication that is consumed by large groups of people in addition to helping players individually. The Community Support role will also involve general upkeep of community channels, including moderating discussions and taking necessary action when community rules are broken.
The Community Support representative will work closely with the Community Managers to coordinate communication with players and will also help the Feedback Analyst collect feedback and bug reports from players.
The right candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, great interpersonal skills, and must be able to keep a cool head when things get stressful and when there is a high volume of negative feedback and discussions taking place in the channels.
- Provide both technical and gameplay support to players
- Provide support through community channels (primarily Funcom’s own channels for each game) including Facebook, Twitter, chat rooms, forums, and more
- Moderate the different channels making sure discussions are kept civil and that the community rules are being followed
- Work with the Community Managers to coordinate communication with players
- Take note of and communicate relevant points of player feedback as well as other issues and bug reports to the Feedback Analyst and the game’s Producer
- Maintain a database of questions and answers, issues and solutions, and other relevant information that can be quickly referenced
- Work closely with the development team to identify and troubleshoot issues
- Provide summaries and reports on issues and player feedback together with the Feedback Analyst
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Experience with social media platforms and communicating on these
- Significant knowledge of and experience with online gaming communities, relevant terminologies, and the gaming culture in general
- A good amount of technical knowledge; you must be able to provide support on a technical level (updating drivers, identifying computer problems, reading log files, collect crash dumps etc.)
- Previous experience with Customer Service or Community Management work
- Being able to keep a cool head in stressful situations where many things are happening at once and the general volume of negative feedback can be high
- Being able to communicate clearly and pedagogically depending on channel and context
- Taking time to play and immersive yourself in the different games you provide support for, making sure you have expert-level knowledge of each title
- The ability to understand game development and its processes in order to be a good liaison with the developers (including discussing problems with the team, figuring out a solution, and communicating that to players)
- Proficiency in other languages in addition to English
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English-speaking population
Please apply in English and remember to attach your CV.