From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Marketing department in Oslo, Norway needs a Live Streaming Specialist to take our live streams to the next level.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Live Streaming Specialist, you will be working closely with the rest of the PR & Community Engagement Team and report to the Community Engagement Director. You will also work with the Community Managers on our live teams to produce high-quality streams.
You will be the driving force in the planning, development, and production of our live streams, taking charge, directing and hosting live broadcasts and making sure everything goes as planned behind the scenes.
You will become one of Funcom’s key ambassadors to our fans and potential players, a person our audience will look to for both updates and answers. Your passion for our games will be a key driver in generating excitement with the audience.
Responsibilities also include potential travel to conferences to support with v-logging on location.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Plan, organize, host and execute official streams for our internally developed and published titles as well as appear on external streams
- Work with developers to understand the games, development progress, and how to best present games on streams
- Work with other marketing functions to plan out content and communication strategies for the live streams
- Work to increase viewership and explore strategic partnerships to ensure a growing audience
- Help set streaming KPIs and work towards achieving them
- Own and report on stream analytics data and KPI tracking
- Keep up with and evaluate potential new short-form video sharing formats and platforms
- Recording during conference attendance and other live events
- Help with other types of video assignments to support the marketing video team
We are looking for someone that has:
- Strong understanding of OBS or other streaming Software and Stream Tools
- Technical know-how with audio setups and streaming hardware
- Experience planning, preparing and executing live streams and broadcasts
- Well-versed in the technical aspects of streaming, setting up and hosting live streams on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Steam and other relevant platforms
- On-air confidence with the ability to professionally host streams and help other participants be comfortable on camera
- A genuine interest in games and the gaming industry, preferably experience with online games and online gaming communities
- Fluent English, especially spoken
- The ability to work well independently and with a team
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- 2- 3 years of experience in producing and hosting live streams
- Both excellent proactive and reactive communication skills
- A creative, fun, collaborative, and solution-minded attitude
- Experience with Image and video editing software is a plus
- Knowledge of short form video platforms such as TikTok a plus
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and we encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.