From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 30-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 4 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden and Romania. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Marketing department in Oslo, Norway needs a Live Stream Producer to ramp up player-facing video production and enhance our live-streaming efforts.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Live Stream Producer, you will work closely with the rest of the PR, Marketing & Community Teams on managing video creation projects from inception to completion that will be used for communications with our passionate players across platforms. Reporting directly to the Associate Lead Community Developer, you will have the opportunity to orchestrate the creation of engaging, high-quality video content for Funcom’s social media, video, and live stream channels.
By bringing excellent organizational skills and unparalleled attention to detail, you will be the driving force behind the planning and production of our development live streams, taking charge and ensuring everything goes as planned behind the scenes.
You will become one of Funcom’s key ambassadors to our community and potential players. You will channel the passion for our games to generate excitement among our audience and advise internally about the best ways to communicate marketing beats to meet players’ needs and expectations.
Responsibilities also include potential travel to conferences and gaming conventions to support on-site video content production.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing & community departments to plan and coordinate video content production.
- Work with game developers to understand the games, creative direction, and development progress through internal networking to find the best ways to present various game elements via video content on social media and development live streams.
- Plan, organize, and execute official development live streams for our live and in-development titles.
- Analyze and adapt new short-video sharing formats and platforms and work to increase key engagement KPIs for our video content.
- Own the live-streaming reporting, help set ambitious live-streaming KPIs goals, and work towards achieving them.
- Help with other video assignments in-house or at industry events to support the marketing video team.
We are looking for you to have:
- Experience working cross-department in combining design documentation and marketing strategy into engaging video content.
- Strong understanding of OBS or other streaming Software and Stream Tools.
- Experience planning, preparing, and executing development live streams and broadcasts.
- Well-versed in the technical aspects of streaming, setting up, and producing development live streams on all relevant platforms.
- A genuine interest in games and the gaming industry, preferably with experience in online games and online gaming communities.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- A team player with a strong ability to work well independently.
In addition, you might also have:
- 2- 3 years of experience in producing development live streams.
- Technical know-how with audio setups and streaming hardware.
- Both excellent proactive and reactive communication skills.
- A creative, fun, collaborative, and solution-minded attitude.
- Experience with Image and video editing software is a plus.
- Knowledge of short-form video content creation across platforms is a plus.