Project Manager - Marketing
Marketing – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for a Project Manager to join the Marketing team at its Oslo, Norway studio. The right candidate will report to and work directly with the Chief Marketing Officer and will be joining a team of professionals in web and graphic design, community management, video production, marketing, and communications.
The Project Manager will be involved in the planning and execution of all PR, marketing, and community activities at Funcom for both internal projects and published games. The right candidate will be heavily involved in building the marketing plans for the different projects and is responsible for breaking the marketing team’s workload into tasks, tracking and ensuring everyone are delivering on their tasks, and overall making sure the team delivers on time according to the plans.
Beyond planning and tracking team tasks, the Project Manager will also be working hands-on with a variety of different assignments of their own. This will include anything from managing events and convention presence, coordinating localization of marketing material, assisting with the production of marketing material, and more. The Project Manager will be responsible for making sure the marketing department runs like a well-oiled machine and must be ready to step in where needed to make the cogs move smoothly.
The Project Manager will also be an important link between the marketing department and the development teams on each title.
You will be expected to create KPIs and reports specific to Funcom’s their effort and to relay metrics and updates to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Conduct daily standups for the marketing team
- Participate in the planning of marketing activities, including building plans together with the key stakeholders based on the ideas and the goals identified for each title
- Create tasks based on the marketing plans for each title and assigning them to the right people while considering capacity and time availability
- Track tasks and make sure everyone on the marketing team are delivering on their tasks according to plan and the timeframe specified
- Identify and communicate roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals
- Drive the completion of tasks and campaigns and facilitate communication, organization, process, and accountability throughout the department
- Facilitate communication between marketing and the development teams, giving the development teams oversight of marketing’s plans and requirements
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with the Chief Marketing Officer and other key stakeholders on work methods, pipelines, priorities, and available resources
- Help ensure processes within the marketing department and towards external partners and other internal teams are established and optimized
- Take charge of as well as assisting on a variety of tasks including planning and managing events, coordinating localization of marketing material, interfacing with external partners, and more.
- Motivate and support the team to ensure everyone delivers on time and quality
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a Project Management type role
- Excellent organizational and time management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with a task management software or tool such as Monday, Jira, etc.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability within a team
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal teams, external partners, and potential external partners
- Good at working independently, thinking critically and offering quality ideas to improving processes
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking
- Ability to acclimate quickly to a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative environment
- Able to work with other team members to align priorities
- Strong project management and people skills
- An expert working in a collaborative environment
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- SCRUM certification
- Experience with JIRA is a plus. The development teams use Jira for tracking tasks, so being able to operate within this platform is very beneficial.
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.