Marketing – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious PR Manager to join the Marketing team at its Oslo, Norway studio. The right candidate will report to and work directly with the Chief Marketing Officer and will be joining a team of professionals in web and graphic design, community management, video production, marketing, and communications.
We are looking for an experienced PR Manager who can manage Funcom’s PR efforts both on a corporate and product level. The right candidate will work on both strategy and execution: we are looking for a creative individual who can come up with exciting ideas on how to promote our games as well as being driven enough to make sure these ideas come to life.
You must have excellent knowledge of games and the gaming press. You are also expected to have solid knowledge of new media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Twitch, and other platforms where games are being discussed and promoted.
You must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
You will be expected to create KPIs specific to Funcom’s PR efforts and to relay metrics and updates to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Creating and executing on PR plans
- Copywriting for press releases and other public communication, including product descriptions, blogs, and more
- Communicating and maintaining relationships with press and influencers
- Planning and executing press tours
- Managing presence at gaming conventions, from planning to execution, including working with booth logistics, scheduling, invites, and demos
- Interfacing with and following up external PR agencies
- Public speaking including written, audio, and video interviews
- Interfacing with the other key stakeholders in marketing to make sure the PR efforts compliments other activities
- Demonstrable experience as a PR Manager within the gaming industry on either the developer or publisher side
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning skills, some proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the gaming press
- Strong knowledge of and experience with key social media channels
- Deep understanding of game PR trends and best practices
- Understanding of and keen interest in tracking metrics and using these metrics to inform further development of PR strategies
- Outgoing personality is a great plus as the ideal candidate will appear on camera as a spokesperson for the company
- Strategy-oriented with the ability to both create and execute on plans
- Experience with event planning and logistics is a plus
- Experience working with remote PR agencies is a plus
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.