From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Marketing department is looking for a Performance Marketing Manager that will take a leading role in recruiting players to our games and driving the success of the company globally. Our marketing team is expanding and the permanent location for this role can be based either in Oslo, Norway or Stockholm, Sweden.
Your Mission in Funcom
We are looking for a team player who can proactively and collaboratively apply their existing performance marketing expertise and provide leadership on tools and approaches.
As Performance Marketing Manager your key responsibility will be to drive player recruitment and retention to our games by building and driving precision targeted media campaigns across digital media platforms and in collaboration with partner agencies.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Drive campaigns from planning to execution and beyond to meet key performance metrics
- Constantly track, optimise and report on active campaigns to improve return on investment CPA and other KPIs
- Forecast and Allocate budgets, analyse and recommend modifications to advertising spend
- Collaborate with marketing teams to guide A/B creative tests, incrementality tests and spend scaling tests for online and offline campaigns
- Test new channels and trends in reaching target audiences (VR, ARG, digital out of home etc)
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role with experiences of a major product launch
- Analytical skills with a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Strategic skills with the ability to recommend, set up, manage and optimise campaigns across advertising platforms and verticals including SEM, display / video advertising, social media, affiliate marketing and content discovery platforms.
- Strong and independent decision maker with an excellent understanding of KPIs across channels
- Ability to allocate and modify budgets for efficient spending
- Technical skills on analytics platforms and tools including Excel, Google Analytics, Tableau, campaign management applications etc.
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across teams, with external agencies and at various levels of the organisation. Set goals, manage expectations provide clear briefs on asset requirements and report on campaign status to stakeholders.
- Be able to juggle between multiple projects with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and be adaptable and focussed.
- An interest in video games either as a player or from within the industry
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible working schedule, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. We encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.