Design – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
The Senior Designer at Funcom AS will translate the vision of the creative director and the lead designer into in-game story and playable events. Your role is to create a successful game with a deep story where people feel engaged. Your job will be to turn visions and ideas into playable events within our new project at Funcom.
The first project for our Senior Designer will on a new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concepting stage, to enter pre-production in 4Q18.
- Guide/manage the advancement of the player and their narrative journey throughout the game
- Collaborate with the Level/Game Designers and Environment Artist to build engaging play spaces
- Translate a feature design into a fleshed out system design with clear iterations.
- Translate team’s playtest feedback into physical improvements
- Ability to easily work well within a large design team and has the ability to bring people together
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- 5+ years of content design experience
- Previous experience shipping at least 1 multiplatform title as designer
- Strong sense of level design, scale, pacing, and gameplay flow
- General understanding of game engines, technology and the game development process
- Experience with Gameplay Scripting
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine and/or 3D art creation applications.
- Experience developing multiplayer games.
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates.
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.