From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our team in North Carolina needs a Lead Producer to work on a new open-world multiplayer survival game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment!
Your Mission in Funcom
In this role, you will work with the Executive Producer, other Producers and discipline Leads to prioritize and manage complex organizational and executional issues and determine resources necessary to complete the project. You will manage Producers and help them in solving higher-level complex project management issues using project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership-level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality. This role also involves identifying and fixing bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term.
As a Lead Producer, you will be responsible for enforcing the overall vision for the direction and quality of the game, as well as overseeing, coordinating, tracking, and managing the activities of the team to ensure that project goals are completed on time. We expect you to provide progress updates to studio leadership, and to coordinate and manage with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources, and first-party console resources.
Additional tasks include coordinating with Lead Producers in our other Funcom studios, as well as assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
A Lead Producer in Funcom is self-motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented with the ability to coordinate, track, and guide activities of the development team to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques in an internal development environment is a must; experience building and maintaining schedules are necessary.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 7+ years of game development experience from which at least 5 are in an internal development Production role
- Been credited on at least 2 shipped AA+ multi-platform titles in a management position
- A demonstrated understanding of various Project Management methodologies including Scrum/Agile, as well as good organizational skills and an ability to balance project demands with high quality
- A demonstrated ability to mitigate risk and prioritize features based on their cost and risk versus their value to the project
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Proficiency with project management tools such as JIRA
- The ability to drive teams of developers to ensure timely deliveries
- Good people skills, and approachable attitude towards colleagues and other stakeholders
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing
- A calm and deliberate approach within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience working with larger projects across multiple time zones and gathering feature requests from multiple stakeholders
- An understanding of open-world survival games, their feature and retention values, and the ability to make production decisions based on that understanding
- Ability to challenge and support the game producer, creative director, Business, and Marketing to ensure the quality of the connected game experience
- A passion for video games
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience managing external developers/resources
- Deep knowledge about game development processes for engineering, design, and art
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates
- Scrum Master certification
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom NC studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture.
Funcom Inc offers:
- Substantial employee benefits package including premium-free Insurance package, 25 vacation days, 8 sick days, 10 paid holidays, etc.
- 401K w/match.
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Update: Funcom has transitioned to a work-from-home model and continues to interview/hire during this time. Initially, this role is expected to be a remote position, ultimately becoming an onsite position. We understand that every circumstance may be unique and Funcom will work with each candidate to identify options that work best for them and for Funcom.