Design – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
The Lead Designer at Funcom is an experienced creative leader who can articulate design ideas and develop cutting edge games. The Lead Designer is someone who leads by example and is a self-starter who can thrive in a creative, fast-paced and goal orientated environment. The Lead Designer should be flexible, has the ability to see the big picture but can also narrow down ideas to execute detailed designs. The Lead Designer will need to deliver new design ideas and experiences on time and at a high-quality bar on Funcom's new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concepting stage, to enter pre-production in 4Q18.
- Work with the Design and Creative Teams to define the product's vision and design gameplay/complete tasks to meet those goals across a number of platforms
- Work closely with studio Producers and discipline Leads to determine resources necessary to complete game projects
- Needs to have the ability to take an idea and turn it into a compelling feature design with clear iterations
- Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand the experience and understand the vision/big picture
- Mentor and Manage and a team of designers
- Collaborate with other professions to develop wireframes for UX and deliver feature prototypes
- Ability to articulate the vision and/or design of the product to external partners when necessary
- Work with the Producer in designing game updates to increase user/revenue base.
- Evaluate and introduce a repeatable design process
- Enhance the creative process and empower everyone around you to contribute to the process
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- 7+ years of professional experience designing games.
- Led Design of at least 1 shipped multiplatform title
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work/hands-on experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and inspirational skills
- Ability to easily work well within a large design team and has the ability to bring people together
- Outstanding communication/presentation skills that sells the vision to fellow team members, product management, and external partners
- Experience with Unreal Engine and/or 3D art creation applications
- Experience developing multiplayer games
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.