Art – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Currently, Funcom has over 140 people from more than 20 different nationalities working and playing across our two studios in Oslo, Norway and Durham, NC, USA. Funcom is filled with creative and innovative people who have come together to leave a mark on the game development industry. We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper on the original PS to NBA Hang Time on the SNES to more recent titles such as The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online, Secret World Legends and Conan Exiles. Part of our core values include taking pride in our work, making what we play and playing what we make and striving for continuous improvement. We are also proud of our Nordic culture and heritage which includes a healthy work/life balance, some of the best benefits available and open communication with management. Isn’t it about time you joined the Nordic family at Funcom?
The Technical Artist at our Oslo, Norway studio will work closely with the Art Director and the Tech team to develop visual features and effects, heavily involved in architecting our art pipeline, research and implement solutions to increase the efficiency of the art teams, help drive art optimization, all the while serving as a liaison between the tech and art teams
The first project for our Technical Artist will on a new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concepting stage, to enter pre-production in 4Q18.
- Excellent knowledge of modern rendering algorithms and techniques, including PBR.
- Working knowledge of 3d/vector math.
- Expert knowledge of 3dsMax, and other tools such as substance painter, zbrush, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in working within tight memory and performance constraints (consoles, mobile, etc.)
- Working knowledge of some scripting or programming language (Python, C#, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Shipped one or more titles in a similar role.
- A passion for visuals.
- Experience working with UE4.
- Experience working on VFX.
- Understanding of HLSL.
- Understanding of C++.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment.
- Office amenities. (Subsidized lunch, fruit, coffee/milk/juice, etc)
- Possibility of participation in project based bonus plans and share based incentives.
- Possibility of advancement.
- Training opportunities.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Our offices are structured as mostly team offices to take advantage of the low noise and high efficiency this layout offers.
Common for all positions, you need:
- To relocate to Oslo, Norway.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Authorization to work in Norway.
Please apply in English. If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.