Art - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Technical Animator to join its development team in Oslo, Norway.
As a Technical Animator you will be working closely with the animators, designers and programmers to define, design and implement animation systems, animations and character state systems in Unreal 4. You will support the animation pipeline, as well as rigging and skinning characters.
The first project for this position will be on a new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concepting stage, to enter pre-production in Q4 2018
- Design and implementation of animations systems, character state systems and how they talk with each other
- Closely work with designers finding ways to define/design combat systems and how animations interact with them
- Work directly with the programming team to achieve a better character state system that will support animations and combat requirements
- Analyze improve and design for the animation/model pipelines
- Work with character artists and animators helping skinning and rigging of characters
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve animation related technical challenges
- Give input and guidance to animators, designers and programmers to achieve an excellent animation system that can support our game
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- 3+ years of Animation; preferable within the video game development industry
- Solid and recent experience as a technical animator, gameplay animator, or animation programmer
- Proven expertise with 3dsMax, Maya, or equivalent animation software
- Experience with animation state machines and blend systems
- Team driven, able to share and take work and information from peers
- To be able to talk with animators, programmers and designers
- Able to adapt to new technologies and technical challenges
- Scripting knowledge
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience rigging and skinning characters.
- Experience in Unreal 4.
- Competence in C++.
- Experience with motion capture animation.
- Experience with playing FPS or other online games.
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.