Art – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Technical Animator to join its development team in Oslo. Norway to work on a new open world multiplayer UE4 based game which is entering the pre-production stage.
The Technical Animator at Funcom will work directly with animators, designers and programmers to define, design and implement animation systems, animations and character state systems in Unreal, support the animation pipeline, rig and skin characters.
- Design and implementation of animations systems, character state systems and how they talk with each other.
- Closely work with designers finding ways to define/design combat systems and how animations interact with them.
- Work directly with the programming team to achieve a better character state system that will support animations and combat requirements.
- Analyze improve and design for the animation/model pipelines.
- Work with character artists and animators helping skinning and rigging of characters.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve animation related technical challenges.
- Give input and guidance to animators, designers and programmers to achieve an excellent animation system that can support our game.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 3+ years of Animation; preferable within the video game development industry.
- Solid and recent experience as a technical animator, gameplay animator, or animation programmer.
- Proven expertise with 3dsMax, Maya, or equivalent animation software.
- Experience with animation state machines and blend systems.
- Team driven, able to share and take work and information from peers.
- To be able to talk with animators, programmers and designers.
- Able to adapt to new technologies and technical challenges.
- Scripting knowledge.
- To be fluent in English.
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit.
- Experience rigging and skinning characters.
- Experience in Unreal 4.
- Competence in C++.
- Experience with motion capture animation.
- Experience with playing FPS or other online games.
- To relocate to Oslo, Norway.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Authorization to work in Norway.
- Flexible and challenging work environment.
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Please apply in English.