Engineering – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Currently, Funcom has over 140 people from more than 20 different nationalities working and playing across our two studios in Oslo, Norway and Durham, NC, USA. Funcom is filled with creative and innovative people who have come together to leave a mark on the game development industry. We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper on the original PS to NBA Hang Time on the SNES to more recent titles such as The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online, Secret World Legends and Conan Exiles. Part of our core values include taking pride in our work, making what we play and playing what we make and striving for continuous improvement. We are also proud of our Nordic culture and heritage which includes a healthy work/life balance, some of the best benefits available and open communication with management. Isn’t it about time you joined the Nordic family at Funcom?
Funcom is looking for an experienced and highly skilled lead programmer to work on a new open world multiplayer UE4 based game which is entering the pre-production stage.
In addition to hands on development work, you will provide technical leadership and team management for the game programming team. You will also be working closely with the different project stakeholders and core technology team to ensure feature and production goals are met. This is a great opportunity drive the development of a large project through from the very start all the way to release, ensuring it is built on solid foundation.
- Collaborate with the design team and technical lead on game features and planning.
- Manage a growing team of engineers, providing direction and mentorship, and ensuring the team produces reliable, maintainable and efficient code.
- Develop and implement gameplay features and systems.
- Facilitate communication between the game team, production teams and core technology team.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 6+ years of experience in programming/engineering development, including having worked on at least one title in a similar position of responsibility.
- Ability to lead engineers, providing technical direction, as well as mentoring members of the team.
- Aptitude for breaking down complex problems and high level product requirements into technical design and tasks.
- Strong C++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Strong communication skills.
- To be fluent in English.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Experience working with current generation console platforms (Xbox One, PS4, Switch)
- Experience with Python
- To relocate to Oslo, Norway.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Authorization to work in Norway.
- Flexible and challenging work environment.
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Please apply in English.