Engineering – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Currently, Funcom has over 140 people from more than 20 different nationalities working and playing across our two studios in Oslo, Norway and Durham, NC, USA. Funcom is filled with creative and innovative people who have come together to leave a mark on the game development industry. We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper on the original PS to NBA Hang Time on the SNES to more recent titles such as The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online, Secret World Legends and Conan Exiles. Part of our core values include taking pride in our work, making what we play and playing what we make and striving for continuous improvement. We are also proud of our Nordic culture and heritage which includes a healthy work/life balance, some of the best benefits available and open communication with management. Isn’t it about time you joined the Nordic family at Funcom?
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile gameplay programmer to join its development team in Oslo, working on a new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concepting stage, to enter pre-production in 4Q18.
- Good C++ skills.
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
- Strong communication skills. (English is our working language)
- 3+ years of professional experience in game development.
- To be fluent in English.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Experience working with consoles.
- A bachelor degree or equivalent in computer science.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games.
- To relocate to Oslo, Norway.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Authorization to work in Norway.
- Possibility of advancement.
- Dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Training opportunities.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some code samples demonstrating your ability.