Art – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Currently, Funcom has over 140 people from more than 20 different nationalities working and playing across our two studios in Oslo, Norway and Durham, NC, USA. Funcom is filled with creative and innovative people who have come together to leave a mark on the game development industry. We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper on the original PS to NBA Hang Time on the SNES to more recent titles such as The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online, Secret World Legends and Conan Exiles. Part of our core values include taking pride in our work, making what we play and playing what we make and striving for continuous improvement. We are also proud of our Nordic culture and heritage which includes a healthy work/life balance, some of the best benefits available and open communication with management. Isn’t it about time you joined the Nordic family at Funcom?
The Lead Artist at our Oslo, Norway studio will work closely with the Art Director and the Creative Director to establish the vision and define the look and feel of a new unannounced game. The Lead Artist will work closely with the team’s designers and artists to provide visual solutions to design challenges and create finished assets. The Lead Artist will manage a team of artists and should wear many hats on a small, agile team.
The first project for this Lead Artist will on a new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concepting stage, to enter pre-production in 4Q18.
- Collaborate with Producers, Leads, and other managers to assemble a quality art team.
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and developing the art team to create high-quality, optimised visuals and deliver a successful project on time.
- Assist the Producer and the Leads in the creation and overall management of the art schedule and resource plans.
- Help establish the visual identity for an unannounced project.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- Worked on a minimum of 2 shipped titles as a Senior/Lead demonstrating a high visual bar for quality.
- At least 5 years prior game industry experience.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-oriented attitude.
- A passion for making games
- To be fluent in English.
- Formal art education/qualification, with a foundation in traditional and digital art creation.
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya/Zbrush.
- Understanding of PBR workflow and or Substance Designer/Painter.
- Good level of demonstrable Unreal experience.
- Console game experience with preferable optimization knowledge.
- To relocate to Oslo, Norway.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks.
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Authorization to work in Norway.
- Flexible and challenging work environment.
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Please apply in English.