Sr. Quality Assurance Tester
Quality Assurance - Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Senior Quality Assurance Tester to join its development team in Oslo, working on the title Conan Exiles and on our future projects.
We offer you a job in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games. As part of the job you will evaluate and test upcoming games and content, report issues, provide feedback, and work directly with the development team to bring each project to life.
- 5+ years of QA experience with video games, online services and or APIs/SDKs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and present detailed and complicated issues and analyses in an effective manner
- Basic academic or practical knowledge of QA methodologies and tools, software testing standards, and the software development cycle
- Must have experience in playing computer games and have a familiarity with the latest gaming software and hardware
- Strong analytical and problem detection skills
- Proactive, self-driven, meticulous, and curious in nature
- Perform first pass QA testing on new features and content and provide early feedback to the development team
- Enter issues/bugs into the bug tracking system
- Evaluate game play and provide constructive design feedback
- Help developers with reproducing, identifying and isolating bugs
- Work closely with development team and gather documentation for gameplay and features to create test cases and test plans
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- Experience with test cycle for a commercial game project, through alpha, beta and launch
- Experience with playing Survival games and RPG`s, eg. Conan Exiles, ARK, Rust etc.
- Experience with Jira
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours, Personal Trainers, etc.
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- A studio with employees from more than 25 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.