Sr. Quality Assurance Tester
Quality Assurance – Funcom (Oslo, Norway)
Currently, Funcom has over 140 people from more than 20 different nationalities working and playing across our two studios in Oslo, Norway and Durham, NC, USA. Funcom is filled with creative and innovative people who have come together to leave a mark on the game development industry. We’ve made over 25 games, from Casper on the original PS to NBA Hang Time on the SNES to more recent titles such as The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online, Secret World Legends and Conan Exiles. Part of our core values include taking pride in our work, making what we play and playing what we make and striving for continuous improvement. We are also proud of our Nordic culture and heritage which includes a healthy work/life balance, some of the best benefits available and open communication with management. Isn’t it about time you joined the Nordic family at Funcom?
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Senior Quality Assurance Tester to join its development team in Oslo, working on the title Conan Exiles and on our future projects.
We offer you a job in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games. As part of the job you will evaluate and test upcoming games and content, report issues, provide feedback, and work directly with the development team to bring each project to life.
- 5+ years of QA experience with video games, online services and or APIs/SDKs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and present detailed and complicated issues and analyses in an effective manner.
- Basic academic or practical knowledge of QA methodologies and tools, software testing standards, and the software development cycle.
- Must have experience in playing computer games and have a familiarity with the latest gaming software and hardware.
- Strong analytical and problem detection skills.
- Proactive, self-driven, meticulous, and curious in nature
- Perform first pass QA testing on new features and content and provide early feedback to the development team.
- Enter issues/bugs into the bug tracking system.
- Evaluate game play and provide constructive design feedback.
- Help developers with reproducing, identifying and isolating bugs.
- Work closely with development team and gather documentation for gameplay and features to create test cases and test plans.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- Experience with test cycle for a commercial game project, through alpha, beta and launch.
- Experience with playing Survival games and RPG`s, eg. Conan Exiles, ARK, Rust etc.
- Experience with Jira
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Office amenities (Subsidized lunch, fruit, coffee/milk/juice, etc)
- Possibility of participation in project based bonus plans and share based incentives
- Possibility of advancement
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Common for all positions, you need:
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
Please apply in English and remember to attach your CV.